So, you’ve decided it’s time to consider senior living options to begin the next chapter of your retirement. This is a huge first step towards improving the quality of your life – and one that requires quite a bit of research! There are many different senior living options to choose from and finding the right one depends on your unique needs and desires. It’s best to explore options that meet both your short- and long-term needs.
Options for Senior Living at Saint Simeon’s
At Saint Simeon’s, we provide you with high-quality options for senior living that are designed to provide you with personalized, compassionate care. Everyone is different in terms of their needs and what type of care they are seeking. That’s why we offer the following options of senior living communities to our residents, so that everyone can find the right fit:
- Assisted Senior Living at Saint Simeon’s provides you with personalized care in a residential setting. Our assisted living community is for seniors who need assistance with activities like medication management, housekeeping, laundry and transportation. We offer four different levels of assisted living care based on your needs.
- Memory Care is designed for seniors who are living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. Saint Simeon’s provides a safe and comfortable home-like setting to all residents while ensuring they receive the care they need. When your loved one joins our memory care community, they will receive a personalized care plan that allows them to live your most fulfilling life possible.
- Skilled Nursing is a form of medical care that must be provided by licensed health professionals, such as registered nurses and physical, speech and occupational therapists. At Saint Simeon’s, we are proud to offer skilled nursing options for residents that require both short-term and long-term stays.
- Parkinson’s Care is high quality care available for those residents living with Parkinson’s disease. As a Struthers Parkinson’s Care Network – Certified Community, our staff has received specialized Parkinson’s training allowing us to provide only the highest quality of care to residents.
- Healthcare at Saint Simeon’s is designed for seniors who are seeking total nursing care in a welcoming, compassionate environment. Our health care center is licensed by the state of Oklahoma and staff by dedicated senior care professionals, who are eager to help you feel better and live your best life possible.
3 Tips to Get the Most Out of Your Senior Living Experience
Once you’ve determined which senior living option is right for you, it’s important to know how to make the most of your experience living in a community.
- Identify Your Needs. To get the most out of your senior living experience, it’s imperative that you firmly identify your needs and the level of assisted care you require prior to searching for a senior living community. A great way to do this is to sit down and create a list of any illnesses and conditions you have and include any specific items or tasks with which you think you may need assistance.
- Consider Safety and Security. An important factor of any senior living community is the amount of safety precautions and security measures the community has in place. As we age, we tend to be more susceptible to falls, trips or accidents. That’s why it’s important to find a senior living community that has a high degree of safety precautions in place. By choosing a community that is safe and secure, you’ll be able to enjoy a peace of mind and feel safe while living there.
- Visit Senior Living Communities. Going on an in-person visit before making your decision is crucial to making the right choice. When you visit a senior living community in person, you’ll be able to get a better feel for the environment and be able to better picture yourself living there. When you’re visiting, pay attention to things like how residents and staff interact, if there are safety features present and most importantly, does it feel like a place you could call home? Make sure to ask questions and take notes.
Start Your Next Chapter at Saint Simeon’s
No matter which senior living option you choose, we would be thrilled to welcome you to our community. You’ll enjoy life taking in views at our beautiful 50-acre campus located in the scenic Osage Hills of Tulsa, Oklahoma, while receiving the compassionate senior care you need.
Please contact us today at 918-215-2965 to learn more about all of our senior living options and to envision what life could look like for you at Saint Simeon’s.