Specialized Care for Those With Parkinson’s Disease
Saint Simeon’s is proud to offer professional Parkinson’s care in Tulsa, OK for individuals with Parkinson’s disease. Saint Simeon’s senior healthcare staff has received innovative Parkinson’s education and training and added state-of-the-art therapy equipment, designed specifically for Parkinson’s care and treatment. Saint Simeon’s is committed to providing a higher quality of life for those in need of specialized Parkinson’s care home.
Saint Simeon’s Parkinson’s Care is endorsed by the American Parkinson Disease Association — Oklahoma Chapter and the Parkinson Foundation of Oklahoma, and is a member of the Struthers Parkinson’s Care Network.
The nursing staff and therapy team have received Parkinson’s care education and training on the disease process, including symptom management and medication regimens, as well as the benefits of therapeutic exercise and its positive effect in potentially slowing down the effects of Parkinson’s disease.
Parkinson’s Care Wellness Programs
Saint Simeon’s Parkinson’s care has a strong emphasis on neurobic exercise. Neurobics are activities that stimulate the brain, prevent memory loss, and improve memory recall. Our Parkinson’s Care Team leads our Parkinson’s residents in one-on-one exercises three times a week. The Saint Simeon’s Wellness Center has many pieces of equipment specifically designed for those in need of Parkinson’s disease care. The equipment includes:
- Core Stix — fiberglass sticks attached to a standing platform which provide a safe and effective way to strengthen the core muscles needed for postural support and function. Specific to the senior/rehab population, these devices provide a means of practicing chair stands, squats, and balancing exercises.
- SCIFIT Recumbent Bike — attached to four core stix stations, creating a “cluster” for neurobics exercise (exercising the brain and body simultaneously.)
- Glide Track Unweighting System — an unweighting harness used on our existing treadmill. Unweighted walking enables neurological patients to walk longer and more comfortably, allowing for gait corrections, increased speed and smoothness, longer sessions, and enhanced neurological recovery.
- WaterFit Trampoline — an aquatic trampoline that uses water as a form of natural resistance to strengthen abdominal muscles and improve balance. The WaterFit Trampoline is used in Saint Simeon’s warm saline pool.
Parkinson’s Resources On the Blog
- Parkinson’s Disease Symptoms & TreatmentReceiving a diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease (PD) can be shocking and unsettling. And while there are treatments, Parkinson’s is chronic and progressive and there is no known cure. In most…
- Parkinson’s Disease Symptoms and TreatmentHas your loved one been diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease? Learn more about Parkinson’s disease causes, stages and treatment options at Saint Simeon’s.
- Symptoms and Stages of Parkinson’s DiseaseThe Parkinson’s Stages Parkinson’s disease is a slowly developing neurological disorder that affects the body. It is classified as a “movement disorder” because it changes your brain’s ability to control…