It’s not easy to come to terms with your loved one’s health declines as they age, especially if they are struggling with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia. The first time your loved one forgets your name or has trouble recalling a family memory can be alarming and leave you feeling a bit panicked or confused.
However, just because your loved one is experiencing memory loss, doesn’t mean they have to sacrifice their quality of life. While it can be difficult to think about, a memory care community may be the best place for your loved one to be able to live the most fulfilling lifestyle possible, while receiving the quality care they require.
What is a Memory Care Community?
Memory care is a specialized kind of care for individuals who are living with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. A memory care community will provide your loved one with a safe, secure environment where highly trained staff members can closely monitor the health of your loved one every day.
It’s common for a memory care community to provide your loved one with different programs, activities and events that are specifically designed to help residents work on their cognitive abilities, while also enjoying their hobbies and social interactions with others. A memory care community allows your loved one to receive the quality care they need in a stimulating, safe environment.
7 Benefits of Memory Care
Here are just some of the many lifelong benefits your loved one can expect to receive when they join our memory care community.
- Your loved one will still be able to maintain a level of independence when they join our memory care community. They will be able to participate in their favorite activities and hobbies and our memory care team members will be there to provide physical and emotional support as they need it.
- Unique Services. Our memory care community offers your loved one unique services that are specifically designed for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and other memory-related problems. These services provide additional support to your loved one.
- Engagement Opportunities. Isolation is one of the major concerns for individuals who are living with a memory impairment. When your loved one joins a memory care community, they will have opportunities for social interaction to help fend off any feelings of isolation or loneliness.
- Physical Safety. A common symptom of memory impairment is wandering. When your loved one joins a memory care community, the team members will ensure that your loved one is in a secure, safe environment and prevent them from getting themselves in a dangerous situation, like wandering outside and becoming lost.
- Assistance with Medications and Mobility. If your loved one is living with a memory impairment, this may affect their ability to take their medications on time and correctly. When they join a memory care community, team members will assist them with medication management and provide them with reminders to take the medication on time.
- Help with Daily Tasks. A nice benefit of your loved one joining a memory care community is that they will receive help with certain daily tasks they may be struggling with. Team members can help with things like dressing, cleaning and preparing meals every day for your loved one.
- Personalized Care. When your loved one becomes a member of a memory care community, they will receive a personalized care plan that has been designed with their specific needs in mind. This helps to ensure your loved one is receiving the adequate amount of care and attention they need.
Experience Personalized Memory Care at Saint Simeon’s
At Saint Simeon’s, we offer our nationally-recognized memory care center, where we understand that no two cases of dementia are the same. That’s why we provide your loved one with a personalized memory care plan that is based on their unique needs.
We’ve been providing a safe, comfortable environment for individuals living with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementia for nearly 25 years in our beautiful Tulsa location.
The following memory care services are provided by our memory care center:
- Nursing care
- Individual care plans by a complete interdisciplinary team
- Continuous camera, infrared and Wander System
- Medication assistance
- Dressing and grooming
- Full laundry services
- Daily housekeeping services
- Whirlpool baths or showers
- Wide, inviting enclosed walkways
- Secure courtyard areas
If you’re looking for compassionate, customized care for your loved one, contact us today at 918-215-2965 to learn more about our memory care center.