Easy Home Staging Tips for a Faster Sale
Selling your home can be one of the most challenging aspects of moving to a senior living community. No one wants their house on the market forever, and if you’ve found the right community to call home, you’ll want to finally get settled in your new place and move on with the next phase of your life.
The good news is that with just a few strategic changes to your home and décor, you can make your home more appealing to prospective buyers. This process is called home staging, and it’s been proven to encourage buyers to envision life in your home and help your house sell faster, according to the National Association of Realtors.
What is Home Staging?
Home staging is the act of preparing your home for sale in the marketplace. The goal of home staging is to make your home look larger, brighter, more appealing and more welcoming to potential buyers. When your home is staged properly, buyers that walk through should have no trouble imagining themselves living in your home.
Are you interested in staging your home for a quick sale? Learn how below!
Essential Home Staging Tips
- Declutter: The fewer items you have in the home, the more spacious and organized it will look. Comb through each room and remove any items that are not needed. If you can’t bear to throw away some things, consider renting a storage unit until you’re ready to move.
- Depersonalize: With home staging, one of the goals is to help potential buyers picture themselves living there. For that reason, it is beneficial to remove personal photos from the living room and other main rooms.
- Clean: When your house is on the market, it’s important to make sure the home is thoroughly clean. On top of decluttering, scrub the carpets with a carpet cleaner, wash the windows and mop the floors.
- Prioritize: Staging an entire house would take an incredible amount of time and money. Instead, begin with the living room, then the kitchen, and finally, the master bedroom. Starting there will give you the best results. After these rooms are staged, use your best judgement to determine if other rooms in your house need more attention.
- Focus: The outside of your home, known as the “curb appeal,” is the first thing any potential buyer will see so you’ll want to focus a lot of your home staging efforts there. Consider power washing the outside of the house, sidewalks and driveway to remove any dirt. Additionally, patch any sparse areas of grass and add flowers along the walkway to the front door.
Come Join Us for a Tour
If you’re still in the process of finding a senior living community to call home, we invite you to schedule a tour of our beautiful 50-acre campus in the Osage Hills of Tulsa, Oklahoma. We’re proud of our assisted living apartments and the people who call them home. We’d love for you to experience our way of life for yourself in person. Contact us today to schedule a visit or to speak with one of our friendly staff members.